Bright Sparks provides wraparound care for children aged 3-4 years old. We offer our children a stimulating and caring environment where they feel happy and secure achieving a seamless approach to their education. Bright Sparks allows parents the opportunity to pursue their employment or training, safe in the knowledge their children are being cared for and nurtured within the Cheslyn Hay Primary School’s Early Years Unit.
Bright Sparks is self-funded and is managed by Governors of Cheslyn Hay Primary School.
Headteacher – Mr C. Griffiths
Manager - Mrs S. Stoddart
Wraparound Assistant - Mrs V Rowlands
Wraparound Assistant - Mrs M Talbot
• To provide a secure environment where all children have the right to feel safe and happy
• To provide a stimulating environment where learning is fun
• To establish a partnership with parents and carers for the education of their children
• To ensure the smooth transfer from home to Foundation Stage and Foundation Stage to Key Stage 1
• To encourage all children to become independent autonomous learners
• To provide equal opportunities for all children to develop to their full potential and be respectful and appreciative of others
• To provide a well balanced curriculum for each child to develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually
Session Times & Cost
8.45am–11.45am (£9 including a snack and drink)
11.45am–12.20pm (£3.60 including a hot lunch from the School Kitchen)
12.20pm–3.20pm (£9 including a snack and drink)
Booking & Payment
Bookings and payment for your child must be made in advance. We cannot reserve places for children until payment has been made.
All places should be booked by Friday for the following week. Bookings can be made on a weekly, monthly or termly basis. All payments must be made to Mrs Lees in the School Office.
Fees are non-refundable if your child is absent for part of a week.
Wraparound Care is presently available during term time only and does not operate in school holidays.
The booking form can be found below in the ‘Downloads’ section
Wraparound Care is open to any child of the appropriate age and no child will be refused a place on the grounds of gender, religion, language, culture or disability. Priority will be given to those children attending Cheslyn Hay Primary School.
All children wishing to attend must be registered and pre-booked to ensure that the maximum number is not exceeded and the correct ratio of staff is maintained.
If all places are taken, a waiting list will be kept and the parent/carer will be informed of the next available place.
Our first priority is to your child’s well-being and safety. There may be occasions when concerns about your child mean that we have to consult with you and also with outside agencies such as Speech Therapists, Health Visitors, or Social Workers. We are required by law to follow the Staffordshire Child Protection Procedures should we at any time feel that a child might be at risk. Should you wish to know more about these procedures, please see Mrs J. White.
All of our policies are available for you to read at any time. Please ask staff if you would like to read them.
Please find more details in the downloadable PDF`s below